Monday, September 8, 2014

HP Docking station Sound issues (a meeting with the HP Rep)



From Jackie Gizzie:
"Sound Issue
As I emailed you on Friday, we met with HP and videotaped the sound issues, showed her various examples and showed her the one room with the sound filter that was working consistently.  As you know she had suggested sending maybe a 100 port replicators or sound filters, if that solved the problem.  In speaking with her today I expressed that we would like to have a fix for every dock purchased since all problems seemed to be sporadic and we have had a few that would work in the beginning and then start with the static, we felt we needed to apply a fix to all docks.  While discussing this, she told me she was on their internal site this weekend and although she did not find a service bulletin, she did find additional emails expressing issues exactly like ours with the sound.  It appears someone has successfully used an adapter of some sort, rather than the sound filter and that it is $4.00 less than the filter.  She asked me to order a few and try those, then by the time she left she said she would order them and send to me to test.  I have 3 of the sound filters ordered but they have not come in yet.  I will take an adapter and filter and give at least one of each to Jeremiah, William and Ryan to install and document."

From previous post
"I know this is frustrating for a lot of people, and it is definitely annoying to hear. But unfortunately there is not a solution to this yet. Our Admin team is working with the manufacturer to get this issue and others resolved.

Some other annoyances happen when connecting back to your dock and nothing seems to be working. What I find that fixes this is unplugging the power from the dock and re-plugging it back in. Seems stupid but it works.

We will keep everyone updated as I hear back from HP.

Thanks,
Ben"

No comments:

Post a Comment